Friday, April 17, 2009

The Summer Palace

So much has been going on today, the last day of Patrick Dougherty's residency at the Morris Arboretum. First thing's first - here is the finished sculpture, officially titled "The Summer Palace".





At 1:00, a last stick ceremony was held. Many gathered as Patrick placed the last few ceremonial sticks into the outside of The Summer Palace.



Many media outlets turned out for the event, including Channel 6 Action News. The footage should air tonight on the 5:00 show.

3 comments:

  1. Patrick, all looks terrific. I was out there yesterday and shot quite a bit for a story I'm filing for WHYY online in Philly.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmarotta/

    Here's the last story I did about Longwood.

    http://whyy.org/cms/news/arts-entertainment-sports/2009/04/08/longwood-gardens-a-photographers-walking-tour/5649

    Best,

    Paul Marotta

    ReplyDelete
  2. my father is the one who filmed this for channel 6 :) i went to see it opening day and it's truly a magical creation. it brings me back to my childhood building forts and imaginary tree houses...very nostalgic and really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person sometime this summer!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete